My husband and I love this recipe. I make it as an entree and between the 2 of us can usually finish most of it for dinner with a green salad side. We've already made this several times. Delicious!
Argentine Black Bean Flatbread with Chimichurri Drizzle
Howard L. Puckett
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 126
- Calories from fat: 19%
- Fat: 2.7g
- Saturated fat: 0.7g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1.5g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.3g
- Protein: 4.3g
- Carbohydrate: 21g
- Fiber: 1.4g
- Cholesterol: 2mg
- Iron: 1.5mg
- Sodium: 248mg
- Calcium: 43mg
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon cornmeal
- Cooking spray
- 1 tablespoon dry yeast
- 1/8 teaspoon sugar
- 1 cup warm water (100° to 110°), divided
- 3 cups all-purpose flour (about 13 1/2 ounces)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups Black Bean Spread
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) finely grated fresh Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- Preheat broiler.
- Cut bell pepper in half lengthwise; discard seeds and membranes. Place pepper halves, skin sides up, on a foil-lined baking sheet; flatten with hand. Broil 12 minutes or until blackened. Place in a zip-top plastic bag; seal. Let stand 10 minutes. Peel and cut into 16 strips. Set aside.
- Reduce oven temperature to 450°.
- Sprinkle cornmeal over a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Dissolve yeast and sugar in 1/2 cup warm water in a large bowl; let stand 5 minutes. Lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Add remaining 1/2 cup water, flour, and salt to yeast mixture, stirring until dough forms. Turn dough out onto a floured surface. Knead until smooth and elastic (about 10 minutes).
- Place dough in a large bowl coated with cooking spray, turning to coat top. Cover and let rise in a warm place (85°), free from drafts, 1 hour or until doubled in size. (Gently press two fingers into dough. If indentation remains, dough has risen enough.) Roll dough into a 14 x 11-inch rectangle; place dough on prepared baking sheet. Spread 1 1/2 cups Black Bean Spread over dough. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake at 450° for 13 minutes or until crust browns and cheese is bubbly. Let cool 10 minutes.
- Combine parsley and the remaining ingredients in a small bowl. Drizzle parsley mixture over cheese. Cut bread into 16 squares; garnish each square with 1 bell pepper strip.
- Note: Nutritional analysis includes Black Bean Spread.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Argentine Black Bean Flatbread with Chimichurri Drizzle Recipe at a Glance
More Recipes Like This