Used Salmon because Char was not available. Tasted great. Loved the tomatoes. Served with CL roasted garlic kale for a light and flavorful meal. Used the left over tomatoes and kale in scrambled eggs the next morning - tasted great
Arctic Char with Blistered Cherry Tomatoes
Farmed char is widely available and has a mild flavor and a great texture. It's similar to salmon but not quite as rich and fatty. Wild arctic char from the northern seas is available only for a few weeks in late summer, when the ice has melted enough for the local fishermen to reach them. It is a sought-after delicacy, and one that will cost you. If you find fresh, it's well worth the splurge.
More From Cooking Light
Total: 15 Minutes
- Calories: 380
- Fat: 20.4g
- Saturated fat: 3.8g
- Monounsaturated fat: 11.7g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 3.6g
- Protein: 31.4g
- Carbohydrate: 20g
- Fiber: 2.9g
- Cholesterol: 65mg
- Iron: 2mg
- Sodium: 514mg
- Calcium: 49mg
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 4 (6-ounce) arctic char fillets
- 3/4 teaspoon coarse salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, divided
- 4 garlic cloves, halved
- 3 pints multicolored cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced fresh basil
- 2 shallots, thinly sliced
- 1. Preheat oven to 400°.
- 2. Heat a large ovenproof skillet over high heat. Add 1 tablespoon oil to pan; swirl to coat. Sprinkle fillets with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Add fillets, flesh side down, to pan, and sauté for 2 minutes. Place pan in oven; cook at 400° for 3 minutes or until desired degree of doneness.
- 3. Heat a large cast-iron skillet over medium heat. Add remaining 2 tablespoons oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add garlic, and cook 2 minutes or until lightly browned, stirring occasionally. Increase heat to medium-high. Add tomatoes to pan; sauté for 2 minutes or until skins blister, stirring frequently. Remove pan from heat. Sprinkle tomato mixture with the remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, remaining 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, basil, and shallots; toss to combine. Serve with fish.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes