I had these at a restaurant and had to find the recipe. This recipe is extremely easy and they turned out great.
Arancini di riso
Community Recipe from
- 2 cup(s) Basic Risotto cooled
- 1 1/2 cup(s) Dried italian style bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup(s) freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 whole(s) large eggs beaten to blend
- 2 ounce(s) mozzarella cheese cut into 1/2 in cubles
- 1 cup(s) vegetable oil enough to reach 3 inches in pan
- In a large bowl, stir the risotto, 1/2 cup of the bread crumbs, the parmesan cheese. and the eggs to combine. In a medium bowl, place the reamining cup of bread crumbs. Using about two tablespoons of the risotto mixture for each of the cube of mozzarella cheese, form the risotto mixture around the cheese cubes to enclose completely and form into 1 3/4 -inch-diameter balls. Roll the balls in the remaining bread crumbs to coat.
- In a large, heavy saucepan, add enough oil to reach a depth of three inches and heat over a medium flame to 350 degrees F. Working in batches, add the rice balls and cook until brown and heated through, about 4 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the rice balls to papaer towels to drain. let rest for 2 minutes. Serve hot.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by RandyHood and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note