i made this without the meat, really nice and easy! added lots of raisins and fresh garlic instead of powdered. husband and kids liked it too. would definitely make this for company, a good change for regular rice.
Arabic Beef And Rice
Yield: 5 servings (serving size: 1 cup beef mixture and 1 tablespoon vinegar)
More From Oxmoor House
Amount per serving
- Calories: 417
- Fat: 12.1g
- Saturated fat: 2.9g
- Protein: 25.1g
- Carbohydrate: 52.1g
- Cholesterol: 53mg
- Iron: 4.5mg
- Sodium: 723mg
- Calories from fat: 26%
- Fiber: 2.5g
- Calcium: 41mg
- 1 pound ground round or lean ground lamb
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup uncooked basmati or long-grain rice
- 2 teaspoons beef-flavored bouillon granules
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- Cooking spray
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1/4 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 5 tablespoons seasoned rice vinegar
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Cook beef and onion in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until beef is browned, stirring to crumble. Drain in a colander; return to skillet. Add water and next 5 ingredients; stir well.
- Spoon mixture into an 11- x 7-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray. Cover and bake at 350° for 45 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Stir in raisins and pine nuts. Serve with seasoned rice vinegar.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Casseroles