Apricots Poached in Orange Muscat
Notes: For a dramatic presentation, spoon fruit over vanilla ice cream in big wine goblets.
Yield: Makes 6 servings
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 262
- Calories from fat: 2.1%
- Protein: 2.3g
- Fat: 0.6g
- Saturated fat: 0.0g
- Carbohydrate: 49g
- Fiber: 1.9g
- Sodium: 11mg
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- 1 1/2 cups Orange Muscat wine
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 pounds firm-ripe apricots, halved and pitted
- 2 tablespoons minced crystallized ginger
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- 1. In a 5- to 6-quart pan, combine wine, orange juice, and sugar. Bring to a boil over high heat, stirring often.
- 2. Add apricots, cover, and simmer gently until fruit is just tender when pierced, 3 to 5 minutes.
- 3. With a slotted spoon, transfer fruit to a bowl. Add ginger and orange peel to pan and return syrup to a boil. Boil, uncovered, until syrup is reduced to 1 1/4 cups, 10 to 12 minutes.
- 4. Let fruit and syrup cool until just slightly warm. If making ahead, combine syrup and apricots, cover, and chill up to 1 day.
- 5. Spoon fruit and syrup into bowls.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note