Apricot Wheat Germ Corn Bread
Bake at 375% for 40 minutes. Makes 2 small loaves.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2/3 cup(s) sifted all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup(s) sugar
- 3 1/2 teaspoon(s) baking powder
- 1 teaspoon(s) salt
- 2/3 cup(s) wheat germ
- 2/3 cup(s) yellow cornmeal
- 3/4 cup(s) chopped dried apricots
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup(s) milk
- 1/4 cup(s) vegetable oil
- Sift flour, sugar, baking powder and salt into a medium-size bowl. Stir in wheat germ, cornmeal and apricots.
- Beat eggs slightly in a small bowl. Stir in milk and oil.
- Pour liquid ingredients into dry and stir just until flour is evenly moist. Spoon batter into 2 greased 7 3/8 x 3 5/8 x 2 1/2 loaf pans.
- Bake in a moderate oven (375) for 40 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in the centers comes out clean. Cool in pans on wire rack 10 minutes. Remove from pans; cool completely. Wrap in plastic when cool; store overnight for easier slicing.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Sheila4 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Apricot Wheat Germ Corn Bread Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Breads