Yield: Makes 12 servings
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (8-ounce) jar apricot preserves
- Powdered sugar (optional)
- Whipped cream (optional)
- Pulse flour and next 3 ingredients in a food processor 7 or 8 times or until mixture is crumbly. Add egg, and pulse 4 or 5 times until dough forms. Divide dough into 7 equal portions, shaping each portion into a ball.
- Roll each ball to a 9-inch circle on inverted greased 9-inch cakepans covered with parchment paper.
- Bake, in batches, at 350° for 10 to 12 minutes or until golden. Cool on pans.
- Beat sour cream and next 3 ingredients at medium speed with an electric mixer until combined; chill.
- Process preserves in a food processor until smooth.
- Spread 6 cookie layers alternately with about 3 tablespoons sour cream mixture and 3 tablespoons apricot preserves; stack. Top with remaining cookie layer; chill 8 hours. Sprinkle top with powdered sugar, if desired; pipe whipped cream around outer edge, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts