Apricot-Thyme Crusted Chicken Breast
More From Oxmoor House
Amount per serving
- Calories: 303
- Fat: 4.7g
- Saturated fat: 0.9g
- Protein: 45.5g
- Carbohydrate: 18.7g
- Cholesterol: 105mg
- Iron: 2.4mg
- Sodium: 602mg
- Calories from fat: 14%
- Fiber: 3.9g
- Calcium: 87mg
- 4 (8-ounce) skinless chicken breast halves (bone-in)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- Cooking spray
- 2 cups diced onion (1 large)
- 3/4 cup diced carrot (1 medium)
- 1/2 cup diced celery (1 stalk)
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic (about 7 cloves), divided
- 3/4 cup dry white wine or fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 1 (14-ounce) can fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 1 (14-ounce) can diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon rind
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Sprinkle chicken evenly with salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in an ovenproof Dutch oven coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook 6 minutes on each side or until browned. Remove chicken from pan; set aside. Add onion, carrot, and celery to pan; sauté 5 minutes or until tender. Add 4 teaspoons garlic; sauté 1 minute. Add wine, scraping pan to loosen browned bits. Add broth, tomatoes, and bay leaf. Return chicken to pan; bring to a boil. Cover pan, and immediately place in oven. Bake at 350° for 1 hour and 30 minutes or until chicken is very tender. Discard bay leaf.
- Meanwhile, combine remaining 2 teaspoons garlic, parsley, and lemon rind in a small bowl; stir well. Cover; chill until ready to serve.
- Place 1 chicken breast half in each of 4 shallow bowls; spoon 1 cup vegetable broth mixture over each breast half, and sprinkle each with about 1 tablespoon parsley mixture.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes