More From Southern Living
Stand: 30 Minutes
Bake: 45 Minutes
Cool: 20 Minutes
- Parchment paper
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 1 1/2 pounds apricots, sliced
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup apricot preserves
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 (15-oz.) package refrigerated piecrusts
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Sweet Cream Topping (optional)
- 1. Line baking sheet with parchment paper; coat parchment paper with cooking spray.
- 2. Preheat oven to 350°. Stir together apricots and next 3 ingredients in a large bowl. Let stand 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 3. Unroll piecrust on prepared baking sheet. Roll into a 12-inch circle.
- 4. Drain apricot mixture, reserving liquid. Toss apricots in flour.
- 5. Mound apricots in center of piecrust, leaving a 3-inch border. Fold piecrust border up and over apricots, pleating as you go, leaving an opening about 5 inches wide in center.
- 6. Stir together egg and 1 Tbsp. water. Brush piecrust with egg mixture, and sprinkle with 1 Tbsp. sugar.
- 7. Bake at 350° for 45 minutes or until filling is bubbly and crust is golden. Carefully transfer tart on parchment paper to a wire rack; cool 20 minutes.
- 8. Meanwhile, bring reserved apricot liquid to a boil in a small saucepan over medium heat. Boil 1 to 2 minutes or until slightly thickened. Let cool slightly. Brush or drizzle 1 to 2 Tbsp. hot apricot liquid over exposed fruit in center of tart. Serve immediately with remaining apricot syrup, and, if desired, Sweet Cream Topping.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note