Apricot-Stuffed French Toast
Photo: Will Dickey; Styling: Buffy Hargett
More From Southern Living
Chill: 30 Minutes
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup chopped dried apricot halves
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 (16-ounce) loaf Italian bread
- 4 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups half-and-half
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Apricot Syrup (optional)
- 1. Beat first 3 ingredients at medium speed with an electric mixer until light and fluffy.
- 2. Cut ends from bread. Cut bread into 6 slices; cut a pocket through top crust of each slice. Stuff each slice evenly with cream cheese mixture; place in a lightly greased 13- x 9-inch dish.
- 3. Whisk together eggs, half-and-half, and vanilla; pour mixture over bread slices. Cover and chill 30 minutes, turning once.
- 4. Cook bread slices on a lightly greased griddle over medium-high heat 3 minutes on all 4 sides or until golden. Serve with Apricot Syrup, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Breakfast/Brunch