- 2 teaspoons Asian (toasted) sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
- 1/4 cup apricot jam
- 1/3 cup fresh orange juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 12 paper-thin slices prosciutto (6 oz.) from the deli, cut in half lengthwise
- 24 large (26 to 30 per lb.) peeled and deveined shrimp
- 6 apricots, quartered
- 1/3 cup chopped green onions
- calories 238
- caloriesfromfat 28 %
- protein 21 g
- fat 7.5 g
- satfat 2 g
- carbohydrate 23 g
- fiber 1.2 g
- sodium 1491 mg
- cholesterol 87 mg
How to Make It
Prepare a grill for high heat (450° to 550°; you can hold your hand 5 in. above cooking grate only 2 to 4 seconds). Heat oil in a small saucepan over medium heat. Cook garlic and ginger until fragrant, about 2 minutes. Add jam, juices, and soy sauce and cook until simmering. Measure out 1/2 cup glaze and set remaining aside.
Wrap a prosciutto strip around a shrimp and thread onto a skewer. Alternate threading shrimp and apricots, 2 pieces each per skewer.
Cook shrimp skewers, turning as needed and brushing with reserved 1/2 cup glaze, until grill marks appear and shrimp is opaque, about 8 minutes. Sprinkle with green onions and serve with extra sauce on the side.
Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving.