Community Recipe from
- 2 tablespoon(s) lemon juice
- 10 cup(s) apricots pitted, sliced
- 2 cup(s) sugar
- 1/4 cup(s) quick-cooking tapioca
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) cinnamon
- 2 tablespoon(s) butter for crust
- 2 tablespoon(s) cream for crust
- 1 egg beaten
- Sprinkle lemon juice over aprictos. Blend sugar, tapioca and cinnamon, add to apricots and mix lightly. Let stand 15 minutes
- To bake fresh pie: Roll out 1/2 pie pastry on lightly floured surface. Add 1/2 apricot filling, dot with 1 T butter. Roll out remaining pastry. Cut 11 strips to arrange lattice fashion on pie. Trim and flute crust. Brush pastry strips with cream ( or egg) Bake 375 degrees 40 minutes or until fruit in center of pie is cooked.
- To make Freeze-Ahead pie filling: Line 8" pie plate with foil,m extending 5" beyond plate rim. Turn 1/2 pie filling into foil. Dot with 2T butter. Fold foil loosely over filling and freeze firm. Remove from plate, seal tightly and freeze.
- To bake frozen pie filling: unwrap and place frozen filling in unbaked pie shell. Add top pastry. Flute edge of crust. Brush with cream or egg. Bake in 425 deg oven 60-70 minutes
This recipe is a personal recipe added by mcolonica and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes