Recipe for 2 9" apricot pies- one of which can be frozen for later baking
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2 tablespoon(s) lemon juice
- 10 cup(s) apricots pitted, sliced
- 2 cup(s) sugar
- 1/4 cup(s) quick-cooking tapioca
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) cinnamon
- 2 tablespoon(s) butter for crust
- 2 tablespoon(s) cream for crust
- 1 egg beaten
- Sprinkle lemon juice over aprictos. Blend sugar, tapioca and cinnamon, add to apricots and mix lightly. Let stand 15 minutes
- To bake fresh pie: Roll out 1/2 pie pastry on lightly floured surface. Add 1/2 apricot filling, dot with 1 T butter. Roll out remaining pastry. Cut 11 strips to arrange lattice fashion on pie. Trim and flute crust. Brush pastry strips with cream ( or egg) Bake 375 degrees 40 minutes or until fruit in center of pie is cooked.
- To make Freeze-Ahead pie filling: Line 8" pie plate with foil,m extending 5" beyond plate rim. Turn 1/2 pie filling into foil. Dot with 2T butter. Fold foil loosely over filling and freeze firm. Remove from plate, seal tightly and freeze.
- To bake frozen pie filling: unwrap and place frozen filling in unbaked pie shell. Add top pastry. Flute edge of crust. Brush with cream or egg. Bake in 425 deg oven 60-70 minutes
This recipe is a personal recipe added by mcolonica and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note