My husband begs for these rolls every year for Christmas breakfast. They are outanding, and highly recommended by the pickiest of eaters! I've served it for special occasions with my in-laws (also hard to impress). Don't change a thing; the recipe is perfect just as it is!
Apricot-Orange Sweet Rolls
Yield: Makes about 2 dozen
- 1 (25-ounce) package frozen roll dough, thawed according to package instructions
- 1 (6-ounce) package dried apricots, chopped
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon grated orange rind
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- Preheat oven to 200°.
- Place dough balls in 2 greased 9-inch round cakepans. Turn off oven. Cover dough balls with plastic wrap; let rise in oven 25 to 30 minutes or until doubled in bulk. Remove from oven. Remove and discard plastic wrap.
- Stir together apricots and next 3 ingredients. Sprinkle mixture evenly over dough in pans.
- Bake at 350° for 12 to 15 minutes or until golden brown. Cool.
- Stir together powdered sugar and orange juice. Drizzle evenly over rolls.
- Note: For testing purposes only, we used Rich's Enriched Homestyle Roll Dough.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Breads