Photo: William Dickey; Styling: Mary Lyn Hill Jenkins
Yield: Makes 1 (11-inch) tart
- 1 cup almonds
- 1 cup pecans
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 cups firmly packed light brown sugar, divided
- 6 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 4 large eggs, divided
- 1/2 cup dried apricots, diced
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 2 tablespoons apricot nectar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 teaspoons grated lemon rind
- Vanilla ice cream (optional)
- Garnishes: toasted chopped almonds, pecans, walnuts
- Chop first 3 ingredients coarsely. Place in a shallow pan.
- Bake at 350° for 5 to 7 minutes or until toasted, stirring once. Set aside.
- Pulse flour, 1/4 cup brown sugar, and 6 tablespoons butter in a food processor 7 to 8 times or until mixture is crumbly. Add 1 egg; pulse 4 to 5 times or until dough forms a ball. Press dough into bottom and up sides of an 11-inch tart pan with removable bottom. Freeze 2 hours.
- Stir together remaining 1 cup brown sugar, remaining 3 eggs, apricots, and next 5 ingredients. Stir in nuts; pour into crust.
- Bake at 350° on bottom oven rack for 35 to 40 minutes or until set. Cool on a wire rack. Serve with ice cream, if desired. Garnish, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts