Good! I used all thighs (so cheap!) and garlic powder because that was a bit easier. They took a long time to grill but were delicious when they were done.
Apricot-Glazed Grilled Chicken
Grilling chicken is an easy way to transform this humble food. You'll get the best results if you let the chicken stand out at room temperature before grilling.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 247
- Fat: 10.7g
- Saturated fat: 2.3g
- Monounsaturated fat: 5.7g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.8g
- Protein: 26.5g
- Carbohydrate: 10g
- Fiber: 0.1g
- Cholesterol: 82mg
- Iron: 1.2mg
- Sodium: 370mg
- Calcium: 18mg
- 3 tablespoons apricot preserves
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 bone-in chicken breast halves, skinned
- 2 bone-in chicken thighs, skinned
- 2 chicken drumsticks, skinned
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Cooking spray
- 1. Combine first 4 ingredients in a small bowl, stirring well.
- 2. Prepare grill for indirect grilling. If using a gas grill, heat one side to medium-high and leave one side with no heat. If using a charcoal grill, arrange hot coals on one side of charcoal grate, leaving the other side empty.
- 3. Let chicken stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. Sprinkle chicken evenly with salt and pepper. Place chicken, meaty sides down, on grill rack coated with cooking spray over direct heat; grill 5 minutes or until browned.
- 4. Turn chicken over; baste with apricot mixture. Grill 5 minutes over direct heat or until browned. Turn chicken over, moving it over indirect heat; baste with apricot mixture. Cover and cook 15 minutes. Turn chicken over; baste with apricot mixture. Cook 20 minutes or until done.
- Asian-Glazed Grilled Chicken Variation:
- Combine 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce, 1 tablespoon honey, 1 tablespoon dark sesame oil, 1 teaspoon sambal oelek (or other hot chile sauce), and 3 minced garlic cloves, stirring well until blended. Prepare Apricot-Glazed Grilled Chicken, omitting apricot preserves, vinegar, olive oil, and garlic. Baste chicken with hoisin mixture after each turn. Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 1 chicken breast half or 1 thigh and 1 drumstick).
- Calories 242; Fat 10.5g (sat 2.3g, mono 3.4g, poly 2.7g); Protein 26.6g; Carb 8.7g; Fiber 0.1g; Chol 82mg; Iron 1.1mg; Sodium 476mg; Calc 17mg.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note