These were wonderful and also very beauiful. I will make them again and oh so easy.
Photo: Charles Walton; Styling: Buffy Hargett
Yield: 6 servings
- 2 pounds carrots, sliced
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt, divided
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1/3 cup apricot preserves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon grated orange rind
- 2 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- Garnish: fresh Italian parsley
- Cook carrot and 1 teaspoon salt in boiling water to cover in a large saucepan 15 to 20 minutes or until tender; drain.
- Melt butter in saucepan; stir in apricot preserves until blended. Stir in remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, nutmeg, orange rind, and orange juice. Add carrot, and toss to coat. Garnish, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables