- 2 pounds carrots, sliced
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt, divided
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1/3 cup apricot preserves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon grated orange rind
- 2 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- Garnish: fresh Italian parsley
How to Make It
Cook carrot and 1 teaspoon salt in boiling water to cover in a large saucepan 15 to 20 minutes or until tender; drain.
Melt butter in saucepan; stir in apricot preserves until blended. Stir in remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, nutmeg, orange rind, and orange juice. Add carrot, and toss to coat. Garnish, if desired.