Apricot-Filled White Chocolate Blondies
More From Southern Living
Bake: 45 Minutes
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 (12-oz.) package white chocolate morsels, divided
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup apricot preserves
- 1/2 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1. Melt butter in a saucepan over low heat, stirring just until melted. Remove pan from heat, and add 1 cup white chocolate morsels. (Do not stir.)
- 2. Beat eggs at high speed with an electric mixer 2 minutes or until foamy. Gradually add sugar, beating until blended. Stir in white chocolate mixture and almond extract, stirring until blended. Add flour and salt, stirring just until blended. Spread half of batter into a lightly greased and floured 8-inch square pan.
- 3. Bake at 325° for 20 minutes or until light golden brown.
- 4. Melt 1/2 cup apricot preserves in a small saucepan over low heat, stirring often. Spread evenly over partially baked blondies in pan. Stir together coconut, remaining 1 cup white chocolate morsels, and remaining half of batter; spread over melted apricot preserves, spreading to edges of pan. Sprinkle batter with 1/2 cup sliced almonds.
- 5. Bake at 325° for 25 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool completely in pan on a wire rack. Cut into bars.
- Note: To freeze, tightly wrap baked bars in aluminum foil. Place in a large zip-top plastic freezer bag; seal bag, and freeze up to 2 months. Let thaw at room temperature before cutting.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Apricot-Filled White Chocolate Blondies Recipe at a Glance
More Recipes Like This