Apricot-Curry Glazed Shrimp Skewers
Served on mini skewers, this appetizer is the ideal finger food for a party. Or you can use longer skewers and serve this as a main dish for three people.
More From Oxmoor House
- Calories: 123
- Fat: 2.4g
- Saturated fat: 1.2g
- Protein: 12.6g
- Carbohydrate: 13.6g
- Cholesterol: 117mg
- Iron: 2.2mg
- Sodium: 239mg
- Calories from fat: 17%
- Fiber: 0.4g
- Calcium: 33mg
- 24 large shrimp (about 1 1/3 pounds)
- 1/2 cup apricot preserves
- 2 tablespoons light stick butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons rice vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Cooking spray
- Prepare grill or broiler.
- Peel and devein shrimp, leaving tails intact.
- Combine preserves and next 8 ingredients in a medium bowl; stir well. Reserve 1/2 cup preserves mixture to serve as a dip with shrimp skewers. Add shrimp to remaining preserves mixture in bowl; toss well to coat.
- Thread 3 shrimp onto each of 8 (6- inch) skewers. Place skewers on a grill rack or broiler pan coated with cooking spray; cook 2 minutes on each side or until shrimp are done. Serve immediately with reserved 1/2 cup preserves mixture.
- Note: If using wooden skewers, soak them in water 30 minutes before grilling or broiling.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note