Just ok really. I didn't have the champagne vinegar so used white wine vinegar, and my apricots seemed a bit over-ripe. I liked the cucumber and pluot combination. Maybe nectarines would be better? Not sure I'll make this again because there are plenty of good cucumber salads out there, but if I do, I'll use nectarines instead of apricots.
Apricot, Cucumber, Pluot, and Lime Basil Salad
If you don't have lime basil, substitute any fresh basil plus 1/2 teaspoon grated lime rind. Plums will also work in place of pluots.
More From Cooking Light
Total: 10 Minutes
- Calories: 31
- Fat: 0.1g
- Saturated fat: 0.0g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Protein: 0.8g
- Carbohydrate: 7.6g
- Fiber: 1.1g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Iron: 0.3mg
- Sodium: 31mg
- Calcium: 11mg
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime basil, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon champagne vinegar
- Dash of kosher salt
- Dash of freshly ground black pepper
- 2 apricots, pitted and cut into thin wedges
- 2 pluots, pitted and cut into thin wedges
- 1/2 English cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1. Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl; toss to coat well.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note