I really don't know why this got so many stars, the dough was a mess to roll out and why should you have to practice like hjr2 said? There are two(2) sticks of butter, no water no knit this together and the dough was dry on the ends. Maybe the other two bakers had more patience than I did...
Apricot-Cream Cheese Pastries
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 cup butter or margarine, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup pecans, finely chopped and toasted
- 1 cup golden raisins
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 1 (12-ounce) jar apricot jam
- 1/3 cup butter or margarine, melted
- Powdered sugar
- Pulse first 4 ingredients in a food processor until crumbly. Combine mixture by hand, forming a dough.
- Divide dough into 4 equal portions. Shape each portion into a ball; cover and chill 1 hour.
- Place 1 portion between 2 sheets of lightly floured wax paper; roll to a 15- x 10-inch rectangle. Repeat with remaining portions.
- Combine pecans and next 3 ingredients. Spread each rectangle evenly with jam, leaving a 1-inch border; sprinkle evenly with pecan mixture. Roll up, jellyroll fashion, and place, seam side down, on a lightly greased baking sheet, tucking ends under to keep jam from seeping out. Brush with melted butter.
- Bake at 375° for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden. Remove to a wire rack, and cool 15 minutes. Cut each roll with a serrated knife into 1-inch slices; sprinkle with powdered sugar.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This