Photo: Thomas J. Story; Styling: Dan Becker
These biscotti are crumbly delivery systems for chewy apricot bits, hunks of dark chocolate, and crunchy almonds. Prep and Cook Time: 1 1/2 hours.
Yield: Makes about 2 dozen biscotti
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 152
- Calories from fat: 41%
- Protein: 2.7g
- Fat: 6.9g
- Saturated fat: 3g
- Carbohydrate: 21g
- Fiber: 0.8g
- Sodium: 41mg
- Cholesterol: 25mg
- 1 3/4 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup diced dried apricots, preferably Blenheim
- 2/3 cup slivered almonds
- 4 ounces chopped bittersweet chocolate
- 1. Preheat oven to 350° and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. In a food processor, pulse flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt 5 to 6 times to blend. In a small bowl, whisk together melted butter, vanilla, and eggs; add to flour mixture and pulse 10 to 12 times to form a dough.
- 2. Turn dough out into a large mixing bowl. Add apricots, almonds, and chocolate, and stir to mix thoroughly.
- 3. Put dough on baking sheet and form into two 12-in.-long loaves. Flatten tops slightly and bake until loaves are golden but give slightly when pressed, 25 to 30 minutes.
- 4. Remove loaves from oven and reduce temperature to 325°. Let loaves cool 5 minutes, then cut on the diagonal into 1/2- to 3/4-in.-thick slices. Arrange slices flat on baking sheet and bake until lightly browned, 10 to 15 minutes. Cool completely on racks.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per biscotti.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This