I don't do open faced sandwiches too much b/c my kids can't eat them without getting frustrated, so we just had them closed. The chipotle can be a bit spicy for kids, but the adults liked it. Came together quick and was very tasty.
Open-Faced Apricot-Chipotle Chicken Club
Photo: Nigel Cox; Styling: Sharon Ryan
Serve with Snap Pea and Radish Sauté.
Yield: Serves 4 (serving size: 1 sandwich)
More From Cooking Light
Total: 15 Minutes
Amount per serving
- Calories: 409
- Fat: 15.7g
- Saturated fat: 5.8g
- Monounsaturated fat: 6.1g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 2.5g
- Protein: 29.6g
- Carbohydrate: 39.1g
- Fiber: 1.9g
- Cholesterol: 75mg
- Iron: 4.2mg
- Sodium: 810mg
- Calcium: 259mg
- 4 (2-ounce) slices country-style wheat bread
- 8 (1/2-ounce) slices reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 2 1/2 tablespoons apricot preserves
- 2 tablespoons canola mayonnaise
- 2 1/4 teaspoons chopped chipotle chiles, canned in adobo sauce
- 4 green leaf lettuce leaves
- 1 1/2 cups shredded skinless, boneless rotisserie chicken breast
- 2 center-cut bacon slices, cooked and crumbled
- Snap Pea and Radish Sauté
- 1. Preheat broiler to high.
- 2. Arrange bread in a single layer on a baking sheet. Broil 1 minute on each side or until lightly toasted.
- 3. Place 2 cheese slices on each bread slice. Broil 1 minute or until cheese melts. Remove from oven.
- 4. Combine preserves, mayonnaise, and chipotle in a small bowl. Top each bread slice, cheese side up, with about 1 tablespoon preserves mixture, 1 lettuce leaf, and about 1/3 cup chicken. Sprinkle bacon evenly over servings.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This