Apricot Chicken with Roasted Potato Thins
Make this one-dish dinner for an easy weeknight meal tonight that's ready in minutes. The chicken pairs nicely with the roasted potatoes. Serve with a side of green beans, if you prefer.
More From Southern Living
- Calories: 368
- Calories from fat: 28%
- Fat: 11.4g
- Saturated fat: 2.5g
- Monounsaturated fat: 4.9g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 2.9g
- Protein: 33g
- Carbohydrate: 33g
- Fiber: 3.2g
- Cholesterol: 82mg
- Iron: 2.8mg
- Sodium: 490mg
- Calcium: 55mg
- 4 skinned and boned chicken breast halves
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (16-ounce) can apricot halves, undrained
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons lite soy sauce
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon dark sesame oil
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 6 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Roasted Potato Thins
- Place chicken between 2 sheets of plastic wrap. Flatten to 1/2-inch thickness, using a meat mallet or rolling pin. Sprinkle with salt.
- Drain apricots, reserving liquid. Coarsely chop apricots.
- Stir together reserved liquid, apricots, juice, and next 3 ingredients.
- Combine flour and pepper; dredge chicken in flour mixture.
- Cook chicken in hot vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat 3 minutes on each side. Reduce heat to medium; stir in apricot mixture. Cook 3 to 5 minutes. Add onions, and cook 1 minute. Sprinkle with cilantro. Serve with Roasted Potato Thins.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This