Apricot, Cherry, and Green Chili Chutney
Notes: If making up to 1 month ahead, cool, cover, and chill.
Yield: Makes about 4 cups
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 73
- Calories from fat: 1.2%
- Protein: 0.7g
- Fat: 0.1g
- Saturated fat: 0.0g
- Carbohydrate: 19g
- Fiber: 1g
- Sodium: 54mg
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- 2 1/2 cups dried apricots, coarsely chopped
- 1 1/2 cups cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 cup chopped roasted poblano chilies or canned green chilies
- 1/2 cup dried sweet cherries, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1 cinnamon stick (3 in.)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons mustard seed
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1. In a 3- to 4-quart pan over high heat, combine apricots, vinegar, sugar, chilies, cherries, onion, cinnamon, mustard seed, and salt.
- 2. Bring to a boil. Turn heat to low. Cover and simmer, stirring occasionally, until apricots are soft when pierced, 20 to 25 minutes. Uncover and simmer until most of the liquid evaporates, about 5 minutes longer.
- 3. Let cool, discard cinnamon, and serve chutney, or cover and chill.
- Nutritional analysis per 2 tablespoons.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Sauces/Condiments