Eat slices of this bread plain or spread with butter or cream cheese.
Yield: Makes 2 loaves, 1 1/2 pounds each
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 96
- Calories from fat: 43%
- Protein: 2.5g
- Fat: 4.5g
- Saturated fat: 2.1g
- Carbohydrate: 11g
- Fiber: 0.5g
- Sodium: 0.0mg
- Cholesterol: 18mg
- About 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup finely chopped pecans or walnuts
- 2 cups (1/2 lb.) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 cup finely chopped dried apricots
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup milk
- About 1/3 cup melted butter or margarine
- 3 tablespoons firmly packed brown sugar
- 1. In a large bowl, mix 2 1/2 cups flour, granulated sugar, baking soda, 1 teaspoon cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt. Add nuts, cheese, and apricots and mix well.
- 2. In a medium bowl, beat eggs, milk, and 1/3 cup melted butter to blend. Add mixture to dry ingredients and stir to moisten evenly.
- 3. Butter and flour two 4 1/2- by 8 1/2-inch loaf pans; scrape batter equally into pans. In a small bowl, combine brown sugar, 1 tablespoon melted butter, and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon. Sprinkle evenly over batter in pans.
- 4. Bake in a 350° oven until bread is well browned, springs back when lightly pressed in the center, and begins to pull from pan sides, 30 to 35 minutes.
- 5. Let stand in pans on a rack for about 10 minutes. Run a thin-bladed knife between bread and pan sides. Invert loaves onto rack and set upright to cool. Serve warm or cool.
- Nutritional analysis per ounce.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Breads