- About 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup finely chopped pecans or walnuts
- 2 cups (1/2 lb.) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 cup finely chopped dried apricots
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup milk
- About 1/3 cup melted butter or margarine
- 3 tablespoons firmly packed brown sugar
- calories 96
- caloriesfromfat 43 %
- protein 2.5 g
- fat 4.5 g
- satfat 2.1 g
- carbohydrate 11 g
- fiber 0.5 g
- sodium 0.0 mg
- cholesterol 18 mg
How to Make It
In a large bowl, mix 2 1/2 cups flour, granulated sugar, baking soda, 1 teaspoon cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt. Add nuts, cheese, and apricots and mix well.
In a medium bowl, beat eggs, milk, and 1/3 cup melted butter to blend. Add mixture to dry ingredients and stir to moisten evenly.
Butter and flour two 4 1/2- by 8 1/2-inch loaf pans; scrape batter equally into pans. In a small bowl, combine brown sugar, 1 tablespoon melted butter, and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon. Sprinkle evenly over batter in pans.
Bake in a 350° oven until bread is well browned, springs back when lightly pressed in the center, and begins to pull from pan sides, 30 to 35 minutes.
Let stand in pans on a rack for about 10 minutes. Run a thin-bladed knife between bread and pan sides. Invert loaves onto rack and set upright to cool. Serve warm or cool.
Nutritional analysis per ounce.