Apricot Brandy Teas Cakes
Fruitcake like muffins filled with dried apricots, raisins and spices
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1/3 cup(s) boiling water
- 6 ounce(s) dried apricots diced
- 10 ounce(s) golden raisins (1 box)
- 1 cup(s) apricot brandy
- 4 ounce(s) butter (1 stick)
- 1 1/4 cup(s) light brown suger
- 4 ounce(s) slivered almond (1 small pkg)
- 3 whole(s) eggs
- 2 cup(s) flour
- 1 teaspoon(s) ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon(s) ground allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) ground clove
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/4 cup(s) powdered sugar
- 1The night before baking, pour boiling water over dried apricots and raisins. Add brandy, cover and let stand overnight. When ready to begin recipe, preheat oven to 325 degrees. Line minature muffins tins with foil baking cups.
- 2. Cream butter and sugar, add eggs and beat well. Combine flour, spices, baking sode and salt. Add to creamed mixture. Blend in fruit, liquid and almonds. Drop rounded teaspoons full into each foil cup. Bake 25 to 30 minutes.
- 3) Cool on wire racks. Dust cakes heavily with powered sugar..
- Makes 4 dozen 2 bite tea cakes.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by harpette and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note