Apricot-Blue Cheese Angels
Bake and freeze these bites up to a week in advance. Try a trio of flavors like a fig jam and goat cheese filling, or finely chopped apples tossed with honey and cinnamon.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 cup(s) boiling water
- 1 (7oz) package(s) dried apricots, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1/2 cup(s) chopped walnuts toasted
- 1 tablespoon(s) honey
- 2 teaspoon(s) fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) ground cinnamon
- 2 ounce(s) crumbled blue cheese (about 1/2 cup)
- 2 sheets frozen puff pastry dough thawed
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- 2. Combine 1 cup boiling water and apricots in a medium bowl, and let stand for 10 minutes. Drain in a colander over a bowl, reserving 2 tablespoons soaking liquid. Place apricots, reserved soaking liquid, walnuts, honey, juice and cinnamon in a food processor; pulse until coarsely ground. Add cheese to processor; pulse 3 times or until blended.
- 3. Place one sheet pastry dough on a work surface lightly dusted with flour. Gently roll into a 12 1/2" square. Cut dough into 25 square, 2 1/2" each. Top each dough piece with about 1 teaspoon apricot mixture. Working with one dough piece at a time, bring corners up to the center and pinch closed. Place the angels on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Repeat procedure with remaining dough and apricot mixture. Brush angels evenly with egg. Bake at 400 degrees for 15 minutes or until golden.
- CALORIES: 25 FAT: 99g(sat.1.7g, mono:2.2g, poly:5.5g) PROTEIN: 2.8g
- CARB: 15.1g FIBER: 11g CHOL: 9mg IRON: 0.8mg SODIUM: 85mg
- CALC: 22mg
This recipe is a personal recipe added by marybillingsley and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Apricot-Blue Cheese Angels Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Appetizers