Apricot-Blue Cheese Angels
Community Recipe from
- 1 cup(s) boiling water
- 1 (7oz) package(s) dried apricots, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1/2 cup(s) chopped walnuts toasted
- 1 tablespoon(s) honey
- 2 teaspoon(s) fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) ground cinnamon
- 2 ounce(s) crumbled blue cheese (about 1/2 cup)
- 2 sheets frozen puff pastry dough thawed
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- 2. Combine 1 cup boiling water and apricots in a medium bowl, and let stand for 10 minutes. Drain in a colander over a bowl, reserving 2 tablespoons soaking liquid. Place apricots, reserved soaking liquid, walnuts, honey, juice and cinnamon in a food processor; pulse until coarsely ground. Add cheese to processor; pulse 3 times or until blended.
- 3. Place one sheet pastry dough on a work surface lightly dusted with flour. Gently roll into a 12 1/2" square. Cut dough into 25 square, 2 1/2" each. Top each dough piece with about 1 teaspoon apricot mixture. Working with one dough piece at a time, bring corners up to the center and pinch closed. Place the angels on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Repeat procedure with remaining dough and apricot mixture. Brush angels evenly with egg. Bake at 400 degrees for 15 minutes or until golden.
- CALORIES: 25 FAT: 99g(sat.1.7g, mono:2.2g, poly:5.5g) PROTEIN: 2.8g
- CARB: 15.1g FIBER: 11g CHOL: 9mg IRON: 0.8mg SODIUM: 85mg
- CALC: 22mg
This recipe is a personal recipe added by marybillingsley and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Apricot-Blue Cheese Angels Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Appetizers