- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped dried apricots
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
How to Make It
Combine shortening and sugar; beat well. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in vanilla. Combine flour, baking powder, and salt; add to creamed mixture, mixing well. Fold in apricots and pecans.
Press mixture evenly into a greased 13- x 9- x 2-inch baking pan. Bake at 350° for 18 to 20 minutes. Cool completely, and cut into 2- x 1-inch bars.