These are wonderful cookies; not too sweet and perfect with a cup of hot tea. Very pretty for gift baskets also. Froze very well also.
Photo: Hector Sanchez; Styling: Heather Chadduck Hillegas
More From Southern Living
Total: 2 Hours
- 2 cups butter, softened
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2/3 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 4 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups chopped sliced almonds
- Parchment paper
- 3/4 cup apricot preserves
- 1. Beat first 5 ingredients at medium speed with an electric mixer 3 to 5 minutes or until creamy. Add flour; beat just until blended.
- 2. Shape dough into 1-inch balls (about 1 Tbsp. per ball), and roll in almonds. Place 2 inches apart on 2 parchment paper lined-baking sheets. Press thumb or end of a wooden spoon into each ball, forming an indentation. Chill 20 minutes.
- 3. Preheat oven to 350°. Bake 15 minutes or until bottoms are light golden brown. Cool on baking sheets 10 minutes; transfer to wire racks, and cool 10 minutes. Spoon 1/2 tsp. apricot preserves into each indentation.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts