Delicious! I made this to take to work and it got rave reviews. I added a pint of blueberries and a streusel topping.to make it a blueberry coffee cake. It was moist and delicious, I would definately make it again.
Apricot-Almond Coffee Cake
Yield: Makes 15 servings
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup apricot preserves
- 1 (16-ounce) package pound cake mix, divided
- Pinch of orange food coloring powder (optional)
- 1 (8-ounce) container sour cream
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- Beat cream cheese, apricot preserves, 1 tablespoon cake mix, and, if desired, orange food coloring powder just until blended; set mixture aside.
- Beat sour cream, milk, eggs, almond extract, and remaining cake mix at low speed with an electric mixer 30 seconds or until blended. Increase speed to medium, and beat 3 more minutes.
- Pour into a lightly greased 13- x 9-inch pan. Drop cream cheese mixture by rounded teaspoonfuls evenly over batter. Swirl batter gently with a knife. Sprinkle almonds evenly over top.
- Bake at 350° for 25 to 28 minutes or until golden.
- Cool on a wire rack 20 minutes. Drizzle Glaze over slightly warm cake or individual pieces.
- Note: For testing purposes only, we used Candy-n-Cake Powdered Food Color #5531 Orange.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts