Almonds and a sweet batter turn canned fruit into a decadent dessert.
Yield: 10 servings (serving size: 1/10 of cobbler)
More From Oxmoor House
Amount per serving
- Calories: 207
- Calories from fat: 20%
- Fat: 4.6g
- Saturated fat: 1.4g
- Protein: 3.7g
- Carbohydrate: 39g
- Fiber: 2.3g
- Cholesterol: 5mg
- Iron: 1.2mg
- Sodium: 205mg
- Calcium: 72mg
- 3 (15-ounce) cans apricot halves in extralight syrup, well drained
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons light stick butter, melted and divided
- 1 1/2 teaspoons almond extract
- Cooking spray
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds, divided
- 1 cup plus 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup 1% low-fat milk
- 1. Preheat oven to 375°.
- 2. Gently combine apricot halves, 1/4 cup sugar, 1 1/2 tablespoons melted butter, and extract in an 11 x 7-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with 1/4 cup almonds.
- 3. Lightly spoon 1 cup flour into a dry measuring cup; level with a knife. Combine 1 cup plus 3 tablespoons flour, remaining 1 1/2 tablespoons melted butter, 2 tablespoons almonds, 1/2 cup sugar, and next 3 ingredients in a medium bowl, stirring with a whisk until smooth. Pour topping evenly over apricot mixture. Sprinkle with remaining 2 tablespoons almonds.
- 4. Bake at 375° for 40 minutes or until top is lightly browned.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts