We thought these muffins were very good! I didn't have any issues with them being dry - it made 17 muffins though, it would have been WAY too much batter for 12 - they were very large with the topping overflowing a little around the muffins on the baking pans as it was. The topping adds a great texture and flavor to the muffins and they're super simple with the use of Bisquick. We liked them with a pat of butter in the middle.
Applesauce Muffins with Cinnamon Streusel Topping
Have Applesauce Muffins with Cinnamon Streusel Topping warm and ready when you beckon your loved ones to come out from under those covers in the morning.
More From Southern Living
Total: 48 Minutes
- 4 cups all-purpose baking mix
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2/3 cup chunky applesauce
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- Cinnamon Streusel Topping
- 1. Preheat oven to 400°. Whisk together baking mix, sugar, and cinnamon in a large bowl; make a well in center of mixture.
- 2. Whisk together applesauce and next 3 ingredients in a small bowl; add to sugar mixture, stirring just until dry ingredients are moistened. Spoon batter into a lightly greased 12-cup muffin pan, filling almost completely full. Sprinkle Cinnamon Streusel Topping over batter.
- 3. Bake at 400° for 18 to 20 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean and tops are golden brown. Cool in pan on a wire rack 5 minutes. Remove from pan to a wire rack.
We tested with Bisquick Original Pancake and Baking Mix.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note