- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup applesauce
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Cream butter in a large mixing bowl; gradually add sugar, beating well. Add egg; mix well. Combine soda and applesauce in a small mixing bowl. Stir into creamed mixture.
- Sift together flour, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg in a small mixing bowl; stir into creamed mixture. Fold in raisins and pecans.
- Drop dough by heaping teaspoonfuls 3 inches apart onto greased cookie sheets. Bake at 375° for 10 to 12 minutes. Remove from cookie sheets, and cool on wire racks.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note