I took out the nuts, icing and raisins, added 2 eggs and used 1/2 cup of canola oil instead of butter, used 2 and 1/2 cups apple sauce. Make sure not to overcook, took out when there was still a little crumbs on cake tester. It turned out moist and delicious. SOOO GOOOD!!!
Applesauce Cake with Cream Cheese
More From Allyou
Amount per serving
- Calories: 763
- Fat: 45g
- Saturated fat: 21g
- Protein: 9g
- Carbohydrate: 87g
- Fiber: 3g
- Cholesterol: 123mg
- Sodium: 416mg
- The cake:
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Pinch of ground cloves
- 1 stick unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1 cup applesauce, room temperature
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 3/4 cup raisins
- The frosting:
- 6 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Butter an 8-inch square metal baking pan and lightly dust with flour, shaking out any excess.
- In a bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, cinnamon, allspice, salt and cloves; set aside.
- Cream butter and sugars in bowl of an electric mixer, beating at high speed until fluffy, about 5 minutes. Add egg and beat well until blended. Mix in applesauce at low speed, then add flour mixture, mixing at low speed until incorporated. Stir in walnuts and raisins. Scrape batter into prepared pan and bake 40 minutes, until cake tester inserted in center comes out clean. Let cake cool completely in pan.
- Make frosting: Beat cream cheese and butter together until smooth. Add sugar and vanilla extract and mix until blended. Spread frosting on cooled cake and cut into 6 pieces.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This