Applesauce Cake with Maple Frosting
More From Allyou
Bake: 40 Minutes
Amount per serving
- Calories: 360
- Fat: 12g
- Saturated fat: 8g
- Protein: 4g
- Carbohydrate: 60g
- Fiber: 2g
- Cholesterol: 34mg
- Sodium: 278mg
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, plus more for pan
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened applesauce
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 1. Make cake: Preheat oven to 325°F. Butter an 8-inch square, nonstick pan.
- 2. In a saucepan, melt butter with sugar over medium heat, stirring until butter has melted and sugar has dissolved. Remove from heat; whisk in applesauce. In a large bowl, whisk flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Add applesauce mixture and stir until just combined.
- 3. Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake until a toothpick inserted into center comes out clean, 35 to 40 minutes. Let cool in pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes, then turn out onto rack to cool completely.
- 4. Make frosting: Using an electric mixer on medium-high speed, beat cream cheese and butter until blended. Beat in confectioners' sugar and maple syrup until smooth. Spread over cake; serve.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note