fast and easy. I did not have fresh pears so used canned unsweetened and added a few rasins. Very good ,will make again. Nice for company looks very impressive.
Apples Baked in Phyllo with Pear-and-Pecan Filling
Becky Luigart-Stayner; Lydia DeGaris-Pursell
Phyllo is a light, crisp stand-in for dumpling dough.
Yield: 4 servings
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 314
- Calories from fat: 26%
- Fat: 9g
- Saturated fat: 2.4g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3.6g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 2.2g
- Protein: 2.3g
- Carbohydrate: 58.5g
- Fiber: 4.9g
- Cholesterol: 8mg
- Iron: 1.3mg
- Sodium: 132mg
- Calcium: 28mg
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 cups chopped peeled Bartlett or Anjou pear
- 3 tablespoons chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons bourbon or water
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon, divided
- 4 Granny Smith apples, peeled
- 4 sheets frozen phyllo dough, thawed
- Cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup frozen fat-free whipped topping, thawed
- Mint sprigs (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Cover a baking sheet with parchment paper; secure to baking sheet with masking tape.
- Melt butter in a medium nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add pear and pecans; sauté 2 minutes. Add the bourbon, syrup, and 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon; reduce heat, and simmer 5 minutes. Cool.
- Cut about 1/2 inch from the tops and bottoms of apples, and discard. Core apples three-fourths of the way through from the top using a melon baller. (Do not cut through the bottom.) Fill each apple with 1 tablespoon pear mixture. Set aside the remaining pear mixture.
- Place 1 phyllo sheet on a large cutting board or work surface (cover remaining dough to keep from drying); lightly coat with cooking spray. Place 1 apple in center of phyllo; overlap diagonal corners on top of the apple. Place on prepared pan, and coat phyllo with cooking spray. Repeat procedure with remaining apples and phyllo.
- Combine 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon and sugar in a small bowl, and sprinkle over apples. Bake at 375° for 30 minutes or until the apples are golden brown. Spoon 1/4 cup remaining pear mixture around each apple; top each serving with 1/4 cup whipped topping. Garnish with mint sprigs, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Apples Baked in Phyllo with Pear-and-Pecan Filling Recipe at a Glance
More Recipes Like This