Photo: Oxmoor House
Choose Gala, Golden Delicious, Rome, or Pink Lady apples for this puree. They are sweeter and less acidic than other apples such as Granny Smiths.
Yield: 2 cups or 8 (1/4-cup) servings (serving size: 1/4 cup)
- 4 apples (about 2 pounds), peeled, cored, and quartered
- 1. Place apples in a vegetable steamer. Steam, covered, 12 minutes or until very tender.
- 2. Place apples in a food processor; process until smooth.
- Kitchen Tip The riper the fruit, the less steaming time it takes to soften the flesh, so use the lower end of the cook time range.
- Easy Freezing This recipe is based on 1/4-cup serving sizes. If you freeze batches in ice-cube trays, one cube usually holds 2 tablespoons. We recommend defrosting just one cube when baby is new to solid food. Later on when baby has started eating more, defrost two to four cubes (2 to 4 ounces or 1/4 to 1/2 cup).
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This