More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 228
- Calories from fat: 11%
- Protein: 8.4g
- Fat: 2.7g
- Saturated fat: 0.4g
- Carbohydrate: 44g
- Fiber: 6.5g
- Sodium: 81mg
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced celery
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons salad oil
- 3 cups diced (1/2 in.) peeled yams (1 lb. total)
- 2 cups diced (1/2 in.) peeled, cored Granny Smith apples (8 to 9 oz. total)
- 3 cups fat-skimmed chicken or vegetable broth
- Plain low-fat yogurt or sour cream
- Salt and pepper
- 1. In a 3- to 4-quart pan over high heat, frequently stir celery and onion in oil until lightly browned, about 5 minutes. Add yams, apples, and broth; bring to a boil, cover, reduce heat, and simmer until yams are tender when pierced, about 15 minutes.
- 2. With a slotted spoon, transfer vegetables and apples to a blender or food processor; whirl until smooth, adding enough cooking liquid to purée easily. Pour purée back into pan and stir over medium-high heat just until steaming, 2 to 3 minutes.
- 3. Ladle soup into wide bowls. Add yogurt, salt, and pepper to taste.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Soups/Stews