Apple-Walnut Pizza With Caramelized Onions
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) crumbled Gorgonzola cheese, divided
- 1/2 recipe Brick Oven Pizza Dough
- 1 large Granny Smith apple, cored and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- Heat oil in a small saucepan over medium-high heat; stir in onion and balsamic vinegar. Reduce heat to medium-low, and cook for about 15 minutes or until onions are caramelized; let cool.
- Sprinkle Cheddar and 1/2 cup Gorgonzola cheese evenly over prepared pizza dough; top evenly with onion mixture. Arrange apple over onion mixture; top with remaining Gorgonzola. sprinkle with walnuts.
- Bake at 500° for 5 to 7 minutes or until browned and bubbly.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This