Prep: 20 min., Cook: 20 min.
Yield: Makes 4 servings
- 1 (3.5-oz.) bag SUCCESS Brown Rice, uncooked
- 1 medium-size Granny Smith apple, peeled and chopped
- 3/4 teaspoon apple pie spice
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 4 ounces turkey sausage
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1/3 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 to 4 Tbsp. honey
- Garnish: fresh parsley sprigs
- 1. Prepare rice according to package directions.
- 2. Stir together chopped apple, apple pie spice, and lemon juice.
- 3. Brown sausage in a lightly greased large nonstick skillet. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, 5 to 7 minutes or until sausage crumbles and is no longer pink. Add onion and next 3 ingredients; cook, stirring occasionally, 5 to 7 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Add apple mixture, salt, pepper, and sage; cook 3 minutes, stirring constantly. Add rice, broth, and honey; cook, stirring constantly, 2 to 3 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Garnish, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables