Apple Upside-Down Cake
Community Recipe from
- Apple Upside-Down Cake By Betty Bel
- Select OneContact This ChefChef's PageChef's RecipesChef's PhotosChef's ReviewsChef's CookbooksChef's MenusAdd to Favorites .
- Added February 19, 2009 | Recipe #356577
- .Categories: Cakes Dessert Apples
- FruitLow proteinLow sodiumLow in...FallSeasonalBrunchBeginner cook3 steps or less< 4 hoursTime to makeEasyInexpensive.
- Recipe Ratings & Reviews(6) Photos(2) .Sponsored by: .. Photo by gailanng
- 1/2 Photos of Apple Upside-Down Cake
- more photos Add Your Photo .
- 4.5 Rate it! | Read 6 Reviews
- .Total Time:
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- 1 hrs 20 mins25 mins
- 55 mins
- Betty Bel's Note:
- This is a fabulous cake. Quick and easy good for beginners. Cake is good for all occasions, any time of year. Any kind of apples can be used for ...
- ...Print RecipeFull Screen .
- SAVE THIS RECIPE TO:
- Save this recipe in your online cookbook to access when you need it.
- Create a new menu and save this recipe for easy meal planning.
- Meal Planner
- Add this recipe to a weekly meal plan.
- Shopping List
- My Shopping List
- Add this recipe's ingredients to your weekly shopping list.
- ..Manage this recipe:
- Add a Private Note
- Add Private NoteONLY YOU see your private notes, and they print with the recipe.
- You have characters remaining.Add Private Note or Cancel
- Note pairing ideas, substitutions and more - only you can see it!
- Submit a Correction
- Spot a typo or missing ingredient? Submit your correction for review.
- Ask a Question
- Get answers about this recipe in our Cooking Q&A forum.
- ..Share This Recipe:
- Send via Email Send to Mobile
- Send to Cell Phone.
- Text a link of this recipe to your web-enabled cell phone.
- Serves: 9
- 1 1.01Servings Size9X9X2 C ...
- Update. 9X9X2 C ...
- .Units: US | Metric
- .1/3 cup butter, cut up
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 6 small cooking apples, halved, stems removed, cored (1-1/4 to 1-1/2 lb.)
- 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- vanilla ice cream (optional) Directions:
- Preheat oven to 350°F Place 1/3 cup butter in a 9x9x2-inch baking pan. Place in oven 5 minutes or until butter melts. Sprinkle brown sugar over butter; stir. Arrange 9 apple halves in mixture, cut sides down. Bake in oven 10 to 15 minutes or until bubbly.
- Meanwhile, peel remaining apples. Coarsely shred; set aside. In bowl combine flour, granulated sugar, baking powder, ginger, and cinnamon. Add shredded apple, milk, 1/4 cup butter, egg, and vanilla. Beat with electric mixer on low until combined; beat on medium 1 minute. Spoon over apples, spread evenly (apple may be exposed; some butter may come to surface).
- Bake 35 minutes or until wooden toothpick inserted near center comes out clean. Cool in pan on wire rack for 5 minutes. Loosen edges; invert onto platter. Spoon any topping in pan over top. Cool 20 minutes; serve with ice cream. Makes 9 servings.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by dwanna and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Apple Upside-Down Cake Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Cakes/Frostings
More Recipes for Main Dishes