Apple-Stuffed Pork Roast
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 pork tenderloin (3/4 pound)
- 1 dash(es) salt
- 1 dash(es) pepper
- 1/2 cup(s) chopped peeled tart apple
- 1/4 cup(s) soft bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoon(s) chopped celery
- 1 tablespoon(s) chopped green onion
- 1 tablespoon(s) raisins, optional
- 1 tablespoon(s) chopped walnuts
- 1 dash(es) ground nutmeg
- 2 tablespoon(s) unsweetened apple juice, divided
- 2 teaspoon(s) cornstarch
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup(s) unsweetened apple juice
- • Cut a lengthwise slit down center of tenderloin to within 1/2 in. of bottom; open so meat lies flat. Cover with plastic wrap; flatten to 1/2-in. thickness. Remove wrap; sprinkle meat with salt and pepper.
- • In a small bowl, combine the apple, bread crumbs, celery, onion, raisins, walnuts and nutmeg. Sprinkle with 1 tablespoon apple juice; toss to coat. Spoon over pork. Roll up jelly-roll style, starting at a long side; tie with kitchen string and secure ends with toothpicks.
- • Place on a rack in a shallow roasting pan coated with cooking spray. Drizzle with 1-1/2 teaspoons apple juice. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 30 minutes. Brush with remaining apple juice. Bake 20-25 minutes longer or until meat juices run clear and a meat thermometer reads 160°. Let stand for 5 minutes before slicing.
- • Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine cornstarch and cinnamon. Gradually whisk in apple juice until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with pork.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note