Yield: 8 servings (serving size: 1 slice)
More From Oxmoor House
Amount per serving
- Calories: 180
- Fat: 2.7g
- Saturated fat: 0.5g
- Protein: 2.6g
- Carbohydrate: 37.8g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- Iron: 1.1mg
- Sodium: 140mg
- Calories from fat: 13%
- Fiber: 2.4g
- Calcium: 13mg
- 4 1/2 cups sliced peeled Granny Smith apple (about 5 medium)
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup raisins
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds, toasted
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons grated peeled fresh ginger
- 1 2 (14 x 9-inch) sheets frozen phyllo dough, thawed
- Butter-flavored cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Place apple in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat; add water to cover. Bring to a boil; cover, reduce heat, and simmer 4 minutes or just until apple is tender. Drain; cool completely.
- Combine sugar and cinnamon in a bowl; reserve 1/2 teaspoon sugar mixture for topping. Combine remaining sugar mixture, apple, raisins, 1 tablespoon almonds and next 3 ingredients in a bowl; toss well.
- Place 1 phyllo dough sheet on work surface (cover remaining dough to keep from drying); lightly coat with cooking spray. Coat 5 additional phyllo sheets with cooking spray; place one on top of the other. Sprinkle with 1 tablespoon almonds.
- Spoon half of apple mixture along 1 long edge of phyllo dough, leaving 2-inch borders along 1 long edge and 2 short edges. Fold over short edges of phyllo dough to cover 2 inches of apple mixture on each end.
- Starting at long edge with 2-inch border, loosely roll up jelly roll fashion. Place strudel, seam side down, on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Cut diagonal slits into top of strudel using a sharp knife. Lightly coat top of strudel with cooking spray; sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon reserved sugar mixture. Repeat procedure with remaining ingredients.
- Bake at 400° for 15 minutes; reduce oven temperature to 350°, and bake an additional 10 minutes or until golden brown.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts