P0wnz ur face... EAT IT!
Photo: Randy Mayor; Styling: Jan Gautro
Yield: 8 servings (serving size: 1 slice)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 318
- Fat: 17g
- Saturated fat: 5g
- Monounsaturated fat: 7.6g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 3.4g
- Protein: 3.2g
- Carbohydrate: 41.6g
- Fiber: 2.6g
- Cholesterol: 8mg
- Iron: 1.2mg
- Sodium: 135mg
- Calcium: 23mg
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 6 medium Granny Smith apples, peeled and thinly sliced (about 2 1/2 pounds)
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry dough, thawed
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1. Preheat oven to 400°.
- 2. Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Stir in brown sugar, juice, cinnamon, salt, and apples. Cover, reduce heat, and cook 10 minutes or until apples are tender, stirring occasionally. Remove apples from pan; cool.
- 3. Roll pastry to a 15 x 12–inch rectangle. Spoon apple mixture along 1 long edge of pastry; roll up jelly-roll fashion. Gently press seam to seal.
- 4. Place nuts and granulated sugar in a food processor; pulse until finely ground. Sprinkle strudel with the nut mixture, pressing gently. Place strudel on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake at 400° for 25 minutes or until golden. Let stand 5 minutes; slice.
- Wine note: Pair Apple Strudel with the slightly fizzy, off-dry pink Moscato from Innocent Bystander in Victoria, Australia ($12, 375 ml.). --Sara Schneider
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This