Great and simple recipe!!! My grocery store didn't have phyllo, so I used the pastry crust sheets (much thicker) but it turned out very well! Will hold on to this recipe for sure!!!
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 211
- Calories from fat: 15%
- Fat: 3.6g
- Saturated fat: 1.2g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.9g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.2g
- Protein: 3.1g
- Carbohydrate: 40.3g
- Fiber: 1.5g
- Cholesterol: 5mg
- Iron: 0.9mg
- Sodium: 121mg
- Calcium: 53mg
- 1/3 cup raisins
- 3 tablespoons amaretto (almond-flavored liqueur)
- 3 cups coarsely chopped peeled Granny Smith apple (about 1 pound)
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 8 sheets frozen phyllo dough, thawed
- Butter-flavored cooking spray
- 2 cups vanilla low-fat ice cream
- Fresh mint (optional)
- Combine raisins and amaretto in a bowl. Microwave at high 1 1/2 minutes; drain well.
- Combine raisins, apple, sugar, flour, and cinnamon in a bowl. Toss well, and set aside.
- Place 1 phyllo sheet on work surface (cover remaining dough to keep from drying); lightly coat with cooking spray. Working with 1 phyllo sheet at a time, coat remaining 7 phyllo sheets with cooking spray, placing one on top of the other. Place a sheet of plastic wrap over phyllo, pressing gently to seal sheets together; discard plastic wrap.
- Spoon apple mixture along 1 long edge of phyllo, leaving a 2-inch border. Fold over the short edges of phyllo to cover 2 inches of apple mixture on each end.
- Starting at long edge with 2-inch border, roll up jelly-roll fashion. (Do not roll tightly, or strudel may split.) Place strudel, seam side down, on a jelly-roll pan coated with cooking spray. Score diagonal slits into top of strudel using a sharp knife. Lightly spray strudel with cooking spray.
- Bake at 350° for 35 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm with ice cream. Garnish with fresh mint, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts