Apple Streusel Tart
More From Allyou
Amount per serving
- Calories: 335
- Fat: 10g
- Saturated fat: 6g
- Protein: 4g
- Carbohydrate: 60g
- Fiber: 2g
- Cholesterol: 25mg
- Sodium: 187mg
- 1 1/2 cups cake flour (not self-rising)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons cold cream cheese, cut into small pieces
- 2 tablespoons cold unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- 2 to 3 Tbsp. ice water
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon Chinese five-spice powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 large Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored and sliced (about 6 cups)
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup packed light brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons cold unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Make pastry: Pulse cake flour, baking powder and salt in a food processor until blended. Add cream cheese and butter and pulse 15 times, or until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Transfer to a mixing bowl. In a small bowl, stir together 2 Tbsp. ice water and lemon juice. Add to dry ingredients and mix with a fork just until moistened and dough begins to hold together, adding up to 1 Tbsp. water only if necessary. Dough will be dry and crumbly but should hold together when a small amount is pinched between your fingers. Gather dough into a ball and flatten into a 4-inch disk.
- Roll out pastry between 2 sheets of wax paper into a 12-inch round and transfer to a 10-inch fluted tart pan with a removable bottom, pressing gently into pan. Refrigerate.
- Make filling: Combine brown sugar, flour, five-spice powder and salt in a large bowl. Add apples and toss to coat well. Spread apples evenly in tart shell.
- Make streusel topping: Stir flour, sugar and butter with a fork in a small bowl until crumbly. Sprinkle over apples.
- Bake until crust and topping are brown and apples are tender when pierced with a fork, 50 to 60 minutes. Let cool on a rack before serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note