Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2 cup(s) all-purpose flour sifted
- 2 teaspoon(s) baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup(s) butter melted
- 1 cup(s) brown sugar
- 1/2 cup(s) granulated sugar or up to 2/3 cup
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoon(s) vanilla extract
- 2 cup(s) apples chopped
- 1 cup(s) walnuts finely chopped
- 2 tablespoon(s) granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoon(s) ground cinnamon
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9x13 inch pan. Sift together flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon; set aside.
- 2. In a large bowl, mix together melted butter, brown sugar and white sugar with a wooden spoon until smooth. Stir in the egg and vanilla. Blend in the flour mixture until just combined, then stir in the apples and walnuts. Spread the mixture evenly into the prepared pan. In a cup or small bowl, stir together the remaining cinnamon and sugar; sprinkle over the top of the bars.
- 3. Bake for ~33 minutes in preheated oven; finished bars should spring back when lightly touched. Cool in pan, and cut into squares.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by wasoccermom and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Apple Squares Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Desserts