This is a wonderful, fairly simple recipe good enough for company. I gave only 4 stars because, after making it a few times, I find that every time the liquid (apple cider) amount simply doesn't work. Double the amount of cider, let it simmer a bit longer, slightly increase the amount of spinach - and you have a 5-star recipe!
More From Health
- Calories: 202
- Fat: 5g
- Saturated fat: 1g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 2g
- Protein: 27g
- Carbohydrate: 12g
- Fiber: 2g
- Cholesterol: 67mg
- Iron: 2mg
- Sodium: 238mg
- Calcium: 46mg
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 4 (4-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced (about 1/2 teaspoon)
- 1 tablespoon spicy brown mustard
- 1/2 cup apple cider
- 1 medium Granny Smith apple, cored and sliced
- 6 cups fresh baby spinach or chopped Swiss chard
- 1. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper, and add to skillet. Cook 5-6 minutes on each side or until well browned. Remove to plate, and keep warm.
- 2. Add next 4 ingredients (through apple slices) to pan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, simmer, stirring often, 5 minutes. Return chicken and juices to pan. Cook, stirring occasionally, until sauce thickens and the chicken is cooked through, about 3 minutes.
- 3. Add spinach to pan, and toss until wilted, about 1 minute. Serve hot.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note